Entering and leaving the school grounds
Please enter and leave the school grounds through the pedestrian entrances. Do not walk through car parks, as vehicles come and go through these throughout the day and it is not safe. Children follow your example.
This is the safe way to cross the road on Sartors Avenue. Please teach your child to use this crossing whenever possible. Modelling this behaviour yourself is helpful.
If your child is riding a scooter to school please make sure they are wearing a safety helmet that fits well. Scooters should be left on the scooter stands and we recommend students bring a thin chain and lock.
Vehicle drop off zones
The drop-off and pick up area outside the school operates between 8:00am and 9:00am and also between 2:30 pm and 3:30pm. In between those times (9.00am to 2.30pm) it is a Bus Stop, therefore parking is not allowed at these times.
When using the drop-off and pick-up zone:
- you must use the area like a quick moving taxi rank
- you need to move forward in the queue of vehicles to the signed area
- you can get out of your vehicle to quickly help your children get in and out safely (once in the signed area), however you must not walk away from your vehicle
- you are only allowed 2 minutes in the signed area (if you take any longer you can be fined). If your children are not ready to get straight into your vehicle at pick-up time, you will need to drive round the block and queue to enter the area again
- you should only let your children out once you have pulled into the signed area (it is dangerous to let them out while waiting in a queue)
- you should teach your children to look out for your vehicle and to get in quickly when you pull up
- you must enter front in (never reverse).
Parking Safety Tips
Please park on the roads or streets around your children’s school:
- say goodbye to your children on the school side of the road—never get them to cross the road to their school’s entrance alone
- walk across the road and meet your children after school (never call out to them from the other side)
- try to leave home early to avoid arriving at the busiest times
- follow the directions of all signs
- park a safe distance from all crossings
- always single park (double parking causes accidents and traffic jams)
- try parking a few streets away from the school and walking with your children
- organise a car pool with other parents—to reduce the number of cars trying to park around your children’s school.
TravelWise – Walking School Bus
As a TravelWise school, we are committed to providing our students with safe, sustainable and healthy options for travelling to and from school. To support this goal, the school operates a school walking bus. To join the school walking bus or for further information, please refer to the document below: